Chromium nitride (CrN) is a new engineering material with excellent mechanical properties and chemical stability, and has been widely used in many fields because of its unique properties.
Properties of chromium nitride
Chromium nitride is a kind of material with high hardness, low friction coefficient and excellent wear resistance. Its hardness is second only to diamond and boron nitride, and it has good corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance. In addition, chromium nitride also has high thermal conductivity and low thermal expansion coefficient, making it stable in high temperature environments.
Preparation method of chromium nitride
The preparation methods of chromium nitride mainly include the following:
1. Gas nitriding method: chromium metal is placed in nitrogen and nitriding is performed at high temperature to obtain chromium nitride. The equipment of this method is simple, but the preparation period is long.
2. Ion implantation method: chromium metal is placed in a vacuum, nitrogen ions are injected through an ion source, and then heat treated at high temperatures to obtain chromium nitride. This method can achieve large area preparation, but the equipment cost is high.
3. Sputtering method: by sputtering the target material for chromium metal, in the case of passing nitrogen, deposited chromium nitride film. The preparation speed of this method is fast, but the quality of the film needs to be improved.
4. Chemical vapor deposition method: the chemical reaction of chromium salt and nitrogen source at high temperature to generate chromium nitride. This method can achieve large area and low cost preparation, but the reaction conditions are harsh.
Application areas of chromium nitride
Due to its excellent properties, chromium nitride is widely used in many fields:
1. Machining: chromium nitride has high hardness and good wear resistance, and can be used to manufacture cutting tools, molds, etc.
2. Automotive manufacturing: Chromium nitride has excellent corrosion resistance and high temperature stability, and can be used to manufacture automotive engine parts and transmission gears.
3. Electronics industry: chromium nitride has high thermal conductivity and can be used to manufacture radiators and circuit boards for electronic components.
4. Aerospace: Chromium nitride has excellent oxidation resistance and high temperature stability, and can be used to manufacture high-temperature components in aerospace spacecraft.
5. Medical devices: chromium nitride is harmless to the human body and can be used to manufacture medical devices, such as dental implants and orthopedic surgical instruments.
As a new engineering material, chromium nitride has excellent mechanical properties and chemical stability, and is widely used in machining, automobile manufacturing, electronics industry, aerospace and medical equipment and other fields. With the continuous progress of science and technology, the application prospect of chromium nitride will be more broad.
Post time: Nov-07-2023