Basic properties of nickel oxide
Nickel oxide is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula NiO and is a green or blue-green powder. It has a high melting point (melting point is 1980℃) and a relative density of 6.6 ~ 6.7. Nickel oxide is soluble in acid and reacts with ammonia to form nickel hydroxide.
Application areas of nickel oxide
Nickel oxide has a wide range of applications, including:
1. Battery material: In lithium batteries, nickel oxide is used as a positive electrode material, which can improve the capacity and stability of the battery. In addition, nickel oxide can also be used to make negative electrode materials for rechargeable batteries.
2. Ceramic materials: Nickel oxide can be used to manufacture ceramic glazes and colors, giving ceramic products a colorful appearance and performance.
3. Pigments: Nickel oxide can be used to make green and blue pigments, with excellent weather resistance and hiding power.
4. Other fields: Nickel oxide can also be used in catalysts, electronic devices and other fields.
Future development of nickel oxide
With the continuous development of science and technology, the application field of nickel oxide will continue to expand. In the future, nickel oxide is expected to be more widely used in the following areas:
1. Energy field: With the continuous development of the new energy market, the demand for nickel oxide in the field of batteries and rechargeable batteries will continue to grow. Researchers are also exploring the potential of nickel oxide for applications in areas such as fuel cells and solar cells.
2. Environmental protection: Nickel oxide can be used to manufacture environmentally friendly materials, such as biodegradable plastics. With the increase of environmental awareness, the demand for these environmentally friendly materials will also gradually increase.
3. Biomedical field: Nickel oxide has good biocompatibility and can be used to manufacture biomedical devices and drug carriers. With the continuous development of biomedical technology, the demand for nickel oxide in this field will also continue to grow.
4. Other fields: Nickel oxide also has a wide range of application prospects in catalysts, electronic devices and other fields. With the continuous progress of science and technology, the development of these fields will further promote the application of nickel oxide.
Chengdu Huarui Industrial Co., Ltd.
Post time: Oct-24-2023