Basic properties of bismuth ingot
Bismuth ingot is a silver-white metal with a metallic luster and malleability. At room temperature, bismuth ingot has good metallic luster and ductility, but it is easy to oxidize at high temperature. In addition, bismuth ingot also has high electrical and thermal conductivity, which makes it widely used in electronics and ceramics.
The production process of bismuth ingot
Bismuth ingot can be prepared by a variety of methods, including extraction from zinc or aluminum roasting products, reaction of halide with hydrogen sulfide, reduction of bismuth pentoxide with acetic acid, etc. The specific steps are as follows:
(1) The raw material containing the bismuth compound is reacted with the base to produce soluble bismuth hydroxide or bismuth oxide.
(2) The solution is filtered, washed and dried to obtain bismuth-containing salts.
(3) Bismuth-containing salts are roasted at high temperature to obtain bismuth oxide.
(4) Bismuth oxide is reduced with carbon at high temperature to obtain metallic bismuth.
(5) The metal bismuth is cast to obtain bismuth ingot.
Application field of bismuth ingot
Bismuth ingots are used in many fields, the following are a few of them:
(1) Electronic field: Bismuth ingots can be used to manufacture high-density electronic components and low-frequency device components. Because bismuth has good electrical and thermal conductivity, it can improve its performance and stability when manufacturing electronic components. In addition, bismuth can be used to make optical electronic components such as solar panels and TV screens.
(2) Catalyst field: In the catalyst field, bismuth is used as a catalyst for the production of compounds such as methyl tert-butyl ether. In addition, bismuth can also be used as the active component of hydrodesulfurization catalyst for petroleum processing and organic synthesis industry.
Recycling of bismuth ingot
Bismuth ingots can be recycled and remelted into new products. In the process of recycling, the waste bismuth ingot must be classified, collected and treated first. Treatment methods include mechanical treatment, chemical dissolution and heat treatment. By recycling waste bismuth ingots, raw materials can be saved, production costs can be reduced, and environmental pollution can be reduced.
The market prospect of bismuth ingot
In short, bismuth ingot, as a metal material with important physical and chemical properties, has a wide range of uses, involving many fields. With the continuous progress of science and technology and the continuous expansion of application fields, the market demand for bismuth ingots will continue to increase. At the same time, with the continuous improvement of environmental awareness, the recycling of waste bismuth ingots will become one of the important trends in the future development.
Chengdu Huarui Industrial Co., Ltd.
Post time: Oct-17-2023