Introduction to ferro molybdenum
Ferric molybdenum is an alloy composed of molybdenum and iron. It is a very important industrial raw material, especially in the steel and non-ferrous metal industries. Due to its high melting point, high density and high strength, ferro molybdenum is widely used in a variety of high temperature and strength requirements.
Production of ferric molybdenum
The production of ferric molybdenum is mainly obtained by reducing the oxides of molybdenum and iron at high temperatures. Molybdenum sulfide and ferric oxide are commonly used. In the production process, the raw material needs to be heated to a molten state and the right amount of carbon is added in order to carry out the reduction reaction. Due to the high melting point of molybdenum and iron, it is necessary to use a high temperature furnace to melt and reduce.
The key steps in the production of ferro molybdenum are smelting and reduction. In order to obtain high quality ferro molybdenum, it is necessary to control the melting temperature, the type and amount of reducing agent, the melting time and other factors. In addition, it is necessary to pay attention to the removal of impurity elements to ensure the purity and quality of the product.
Application of ferric molybdenum
Due to the characteristics of high melting point, high density and high strength, ferro molybdenum is widely used in various high temperature and high strength requirements. The following are some of the main application areas of ferro molybdenum:
1. Steel industry: In the steel industry, ferric molybdenum is used as an additive to improve the strength, corrosion resistance and high temperature resistance of steel. It is one of the indispensable elements in modern steel smelting.
2. Non-ferrous metal industry: In the non-ferrous metal industry, ferro molybdenum is used in the production of various superalloys, cemented carbide and super alloys. These alloys have excellent physical and mechanical properties, so they are widely used in aerospace, automotive, energy and other fields.
3. High temperature furnace: Ferro molybdenum is a high-quality high temperature furnace material, which can be used to manufacture various high temperature furnace components, such as furnace tubes, thermocouples, etc.
4. Electronics industry: In the electronics industry, ferro molybdenum can be used to manufacture various electronic components, such as resistors, capacitors, etc. These components need to operate at high temperatures, so ferro molybdenum with a high melting point and excellent electrical conductivity is required.
5. Military field: Due to the characteristics of high strength and high corrosion resistance of ferro molybdenum, it is widely used in the military field, such as the manufacture of various missiles, rockets and anti-aircraft guns and other weapons and equipment.
Future development of ferro molybdenum
In the future, with the continuous development of steel and non-ferrous metal industries, as well as the continuous growth of aerospace, automotive, energy and other fields, the ferro molybdenum market will continue to grow.
Chengdu Huarui Industrial Co., Ltd.
Post time: Sep-08-2023