Hafnium is a lustrous silver-gray transition metal. Hafnium does not react with dilute hydrochloric acid, dilute sulfuric acid and strong alkali solutions, but it is soluble in hydrofluoric acid and aqua regia. Hafnium powder is usually produced by hydrodehydrogenation process.
Hafnium Hf powder mainly used for:
1. Commonly used in X-ray cathode and tungsten wire manufacturing;
2. Pure hafnium has the advantages of plasticity, easy processing and high temperature corrosion resistance, and is an important material in the atomic energy industry;
3. Hafnium has a large thermal neutron capture section, making it an ideal neutron absorber, which can be used as a control rod and protective device in atomic reactors;
4. Hafnium powder can be used as propellant for rockets
5. Hafnium can be used as a getter for many inflatable systems. Hafnium getter can remove oxygen, nitrogen and other unnecessary gases present in the system;
6. Hafnium is often used as an additive in hydraulic oil to prevent the volatilization of hydraulic oil during high-risk operations. As Hafnium has strong anti-volatility, it is generally used in industrial hydraulic oil and medical hydraulic oil;
7. Hafnium element is also used in the latest Intel45nm processor;
8. Hafnium alloys can be used as front protective coating for rocket nozzles and gliding re-entry vehicles, and Hf-Ta alloys can be used to manufacture tool steels and resistance materials. Hafnium is used as an additive element in heat-resistant alloys, such as alloys of tungsten, molybdenum, and tantalum. HfC can be used as a cemented carbide additive due to its high hardness and melting point.
We also supply hafnium wire and hafnium rod, welcome to consult!